Haag-Streit 870 Applanation Tonometer (Pre-Owned)
The pre-owned Haag-Streit 870 Applanation Tonometer is designed to fit on most lower illumination style slit lamps and provides highly accurate IOP readings.
The Applanation Tonometer 870 is to be mounted over the microscope of the slit lamp. The feeler arm protrudes from above into the path of the microscope and the illumination unit. The tonometer is ready for use with a single swing movement of the feeler arm. Designed to fit on most “Zeiss” style model slit lamps. This high quality instrument provides highly accurate intra-ocular pressure readings. The instrument stays permanently mounted to the slit lamp and the prism is swung down when IOP readings are required.
The Applanation Tonometer is still the most widely used instruments to measure interocular pressure. The advan-tage of the “Goldmann” method are considerable. The measurement can be carried out on the patient sitting at the slit lamp in conjunction with other routine microscopic examinations. The accuracy of the measurement is extremely high. The average deviation in any one single examination does not exceed +/- 0.5. mm HG. Furthermore, repeated measuring procedures do not reduce the ocular pressure, as no massing effects occurs. Last but not least, there are no standardization or calibration difficulties.
All certified pre-owned and used inventory from Lombart is completely refurbished, tested, and re-calibrated by factory-trained technicians. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery.
Product may differ from image based on availability. Please contact us for details. All pre-owned and demo products are subject to availability.
- The measurement of the ocular pressure is carried out on the patient sitting at the slit lamp in conjunction with other routine microscopic examinations.
- High accuracy of the measurement – the average deviation in any one single examination does not exceed ± 0.5 mm Hg.
- The intraocular pressure in mm Hg is found by multiplying the drum reading by ten.
- Scleral-rigidity is not to be taken into account as the small volumetric displacement of 0.56 mm3 increases the intraocular tension by about 2.5 % only.
- Repeated measuring procedures do not reduce the ocular pressure, as no massaging effect occurs.
- There are no standardization and calibration difficulties.
Free shipping is only available for online orders in the continental United States.
Certain exclusions apply.
Exclusions include, but are not limited, to the following products:
Acuity Systems & Projectors, Chair & Stand Accessories, Autorefractors, Lensmeters, Keratometers, Portable Slit Lamps, Stools, Tables, Tonometers, Trial Lens Sets.