Job Description – Field Service Technician
Advancing Eyecare is a wholly-owned portfolio company of Atlantic Street Capital, which formed Advancing Eyecare earlier this year in partnership with Lombart Instrument and Marco Ophthalmic. The group is comprised of a powerful alliance of leading ophthalmic instrument providers in North America, including Lombart Instrument, INNOVA Medical, Enhanced Medical Services, Marco Ophthalmic and, most recently, Ophthalmic Instruments, Inc.
We have an opening for a customer-focused individual to join our team as a Field Service Technician. In this role, you will perform set-up and installation, preventive maintenance, emergency maintenance and troubleshooting on a variety of electronic, mechanical, and computer based medical equipment. Most of these services are performed in the field at our client’s location.
Primary Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide installation and commissioning services of newly purchased equipment at customer facilities
- Provide service and support to customers including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, both in-house (10%) and on-site (90%)
- Deliver world-class customer service to all customers with professionalism
- Team with Sales to meet customer requirements
- Coordinate business information between customers, sales, and other associates
- Submit all paperwork in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain a close professional relationship with all internal/external customers
- Participate in developing and maintaining a sense of teamwork within the service department
- Seek and participate in training to improve technical and professional skills
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with electro/mechanical repair and troubleshooting
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required
- Able to handle the physical requirements of loading, unloading, and moving of equipment up to 100 lbs required
- Experience with electronics (computer) repair a plus
- Previous experience with diagnostic tools and equipment
- Must have an active and valid US driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Self-starter (the ability to work unsupervised)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar business software/applications.
- Willing to travel approximately 65% of the time
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and coworkers
- Willingness to seek and participate in training to improve technical and professional skills
- Team player
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.