Regional Vice President, Lombart Instrument Co. - New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: New York, NY 10007
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Lombart Instrument Company is the leading US distributor of diagnostic instrumentation for eye care professionals in the United States.
We currently have a Regional Vice President, Lombart Instrument Company career opportunity for the Eastern Region. This individual is responsible for all sales, customer relationships and growth of market share in the region. Activities in the assigned region include building strong customer relationships, and ensuring the consistency of product and service delivery in the area. Frequent regional daily travel with few overnight stays during the week sometimes required.
The Regional Vice President primary responsability is to oversee the regions sales targets, market share and profitability of the region. The Regional Vice President will utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales, service and profit objectives within their territory. They will develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Regional Sales Managers, regional customer service/technical service team and Clinical Support Specialists to ensure successful customer relations and strong sales. This person will consistently achieve established goals as agreed to with the executive team. The Regional Vice President must communicate on an ongoing basis with the executive staff regarding personal development, team development, sales results, and plans of action for continued regional growth.
Lombart Instrument Company offers a competitive base salary along with an attractive bonus structure that will enable the individual to achieve success within their region. Benefits include Medical/Dental coverage availability, 401K plan, and coverage for appropriate business expenses.
- Hire and train Regional Sales Managers ("RSMs"):
- Own delivery of overall revenue and margin targets within assigned region.
- Assess overall market opportunity and refine geographic account coverage strategy.
- Attract, on-board, train and mentor newly hired RSMs.
- Assess RSM capabilities, establish clear goals and objectives, training and career development plans.
- Monitor and analyze changes in the market, competitor activity, new products, and customer base, and adjusts sales plans and training accordingly.
- Work closely with Clinical Support and Field Service leadership to insure RSM's receive support for optimal sales performance.
- Take leadership role working with RSM on large institutional or corporate sales opportunities within region.
- Report to Executive team on activity in region including monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Ensure Sales team is entering leveraging all sales tools and providing requisite information to manage territory.
- Provide monthly and quarterly sales projections; work with Executive team on annual budgeting process
- Maintain deep product knowledge and stay up to date on all industry trends.
- Completes requested tasks effectively from management and corporate office in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback to Executive team with respect to sales incentive structure development, salesforce effectiveness tools and marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a degree in engineering or a life sciences considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience selling in the medical industry, with prior experience and working knowledge of Ophthalmic industry highly valued.
- Prior experience in a commercial leadership role with experience managing and leading teams.
- Prior experience with in medical sales of capital equipment required, with experience in the Ophthalmic equipment considered a strong asset.
- Comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to lead change management.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with an understanding of P&L drivers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to motivate RSMs and engage prospective and current clients.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Knowledge of regional marketing techniques and tools.
- Highly visible role requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image.
- Work requires maintaining a flexible schedule with regular regional travel to current and potential clients required
About Lombart Instrument:
Founded in 1979, Lombart is the largest independent, value-added distributor of ophthalmic instruments to ophthalmologist and optometrist practices in the U.S. It has been the #1 player in the segment since 1987 and has the strongest brand recognition amongst its peers. The Company sells the broadest range of products from top suppliers which allows Lombart to outfit an exam room under any budget.