Field Service Director - Norfolk, VA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, VA
Benefits Offered: 401K, Vision, Dental, Medical
Lombart Instrument is the largest authorized distributor in the United States of diagnostic instrumentation for the eyecare industry. Service is an integral aspect of Lombart's multi-year growth plan. We have an opening for a customer-focused individual to join our team as Director of Field Service. In this role, you will lead a team of 35+ U.S. based field service technicians responsible for performing set-up and installation, preventive maintenance, emergency maintenance and troubleshooting on a variety of electronic, mechanical, and computer based medical equipment. Most of these services are performed in the field at our clients locations. This position reports to the Vice President of Service.
- Provide overall leadership to field service organization including salary planning, HR, capacity planning, training, scheduling, etc.
- With team members, set and achieve department goals, communicate business updates, engage and implement applicable input, and lead personnel development. Monitor and propose staffing needs.
- Foster a culture of professionalism within the organization furthering Lombart's position as the leader in ophthalmic equipment service
- Make recommendations and design policies and rules that will reduce the costs and improve the efficiency of the services
- Develop, propose, and negotiate service contracts
- Team with regional sales leadership to manage capacity and grow service revenue
- Assist in deployment of new field service management tool
- Develop and enforce field service management process and reporting standards to ensure client needs have been met
- Technical degree or equivalent combination of school and experience, plus 5 years related technical field service experience and 3 years in a leadership position. Applicable military experience ideal. Medical instrument experience a plus.
- An inclusive, empowering leadership style with team-building and motivational abilities. Proven organizational planning and development experience. Well organized with ability to lead effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Experience deploying / implementing / utilizing field service management software
- Outstanding listening and communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must have an active and valid U.S. driver's license and ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 50% of the time
- This is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Lombart Instrument Company offers a competitive base salary along with an attractive incentive compensation structure. Benefits include Medical/Dental coverage availability, 401K plan, and coverage for appropriate business expenses.
About Lombart Instrument:
Founded in 1979, Lombart is the largest independent, value-added distributor of ophthalmic instruments to ophthalmologist and optometrist practices in the U.S. It has been the #1 player in the segment since 1987 and has the strongest brand recognition amongst its peers. The Company sells the broadest range of products from top suppliers which allows Lombart to outfit an exam room under any budget.