Director of IT - Norfolk, VA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, VA 23510
Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical, Vision, Dental
Lombart Instrument Company, the leading distributor of diagnostic instrumentation for eye care professionals in the United States, is seeking a dynamic and proven leader to serve as their enterprise IT Director. This senior level role will be responsible for all internal and external IT resources, and for the planning and realization of a multi-year IT strategy for Lombart Instrument (Norfolk, VA) and Innova Medical (Toronto, Canada).
The IT Director will be responsible for the successful implementation of a new, ERP and CRM platform that supports consolidated financial reporting and end-to-end business processes across two companies. The ideal candidate will have strong managerial skills and attention to detail, deep hands-on ERP and infrastructure experience, and a great sense of integrated business processes, ideally in the wholesale distribution and light manufacturing industries.
Lombart is the largest independent, ophthalmic instrument distributorship to U.S.-based ophthalmologist and optometrist practices, universities, hospitals and the U.S. government. In February 2017, Lombart acquired Innova Medical Ophthalmics, the largest independent Canadian, value-added distributor of ophthalmic equipment, products and services to the eye care industry.
Lombart Instrument Company offers a competitive base salary along with an attractive incentive compensation structure. Benefits include Medical/Dental coverage availability, 401K plan, and coverage for appropriate business expenses.
- Manage all aspects of IT and the delivery of high quality information technologies that drive process efficiencies, data integrity, reporting accuracy, and information security.
- Manage the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP and CRM implementation project and ensure the system supports business requirements and establishes a platform that drives future growth.
- Successfully balance the need for process discipline rigor while maintaining innovation and speed of development.
- Translate business needs into IT investment priorities and manage the ongoing project roadmap as the business and systems continue to mature.
- Operate with a sense of urgency to identify salient issues and remove roadblocks while maintaining the integrity of the project deliverables and timeline.
- Develop system and organizational roadmaps that ensure business and service continuity.
- Ensure data center, network, desktop, security, and other infrastructure meet the needs of the business.
- Develop Business Analytics using ERP, OLAP and other data sources in a modern reporting tool that drive meaningful insights and decisions at all levels of the Company.
- Ensure there is high quality master data, transactional integrity, and integration between operations, sales, service management, and finance.
- Develop IT software development methodology and governance procedures to ensure high levels of user adoption, system performance, data access and security.
- Ensure compliance with security and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage overall IT budget planning and adherence and reports to the CFO.
Key Selection Criteria
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, ideally from a top school.
- At least seven years of IT experience in leadership roles at mid-sized, multi-site wholesale distribution, CPG and/or manufacturing companies. Medical instrument experience desirable.
- At least two ERP implementations in a lead role, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics technology, managing both internal and external resources
- At least five years of hands-on ERP experience, developing and configuring solutions in dynamic companies, ideally using Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of operational, financial, and sales business processes and ERP/CRM system integration.
- Strong knowledge of all components of a Microsoft centric infrastructure landscape, including database, OS and desktop productivity technologies.
- Experience designing and managing Business Analytics and reporting solutions that take advantage of data cube, OLAP, visualization technologies.
- Experience with an outsourced IT service provider (e.g. SaaS, Hosting provider, Application Services), including negotiating and managing complex IT services contracts.
- Consulting Experience is a strong plus.
- Experience implementing and managing CRM solutions is a plus.
- Excellent grasp of IT governance, change management, and development Agile and SDLC methodologies.
- Strategically driven goal-oriented planner with the ability to develop objectives with action steps, and implement and execute a strategic plan.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (all forms) at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize time and delegate as appropriate to effectively handle a diversity of time sensitive and often high pressure tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
About Lombart Instrument:
Founded in 1979, Lombart is the largest independent, value-added distributor of ophthalmic instruments to ophthalmologist and optometrist practices in the U.S. It has been the #1 player in the segment since 1987 and has the strongest brand recognition amongst its peers. The Company sells the broadest range of products from top suppliers which allows Lombart to outfit an exam room under any budget.